Our "Great Ideas" Program at DIY-Optics
"Great Ideas Program"
DIY-Optics embraces innovation in optics, lasers and photonics. Feasibility of ideas is often relatively easy to investigate, but often people with good ideas are lacking the resources, software, equipment and experience in optics / lasers / photonics. We want to help you to analyse the feasibility of your idea by offering - free - optical engineering services.
If the answer to the next three questions is x3 Yes, we might be able to help:
- Are you a PhD Candidate, Postdoc Researcher or Development Engineer individual with a Great Idea which could be turned into a product?
- Are you missing the simulation software or experience in optical design to evaluate your idea?
- Is your idea in the field of optics / lasers / photonics?
How does it work?
- You reach out to us through one of the usual channels (see contact details below) and give a brief description of your project. This doesn't have to be detailed, something like "my project is a and innovative microscope design utilizing a special laser" or "my project is a way to use lasers for illumination" or "I have a telescope idea which could potentially make expolanets directly observable" ..
- We sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement). The idea is yours after all and you surely don't want us to tell about it to anyone else without your permission.
- We will have a look at your idea a bit more in detail. For instance discussions per email or MS Teams video meeting.
- If the initial evaluation doesn't show any signs of breaking the laws of physics and optics, we will start a project together and investigate the feasibility of your idea
Our contact information:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/diy-optics/
- ReseachGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel-Csati
What do we want in return?
- When using the data, charts, calculators we provided you with, quote us in your references.
- We can offer 5 hours of optical engineering work per week.
- After two months or 40h of work on your idea we will re-evaluate how to continue. This is up to discussion but 40h is usually more than enough to give enough confidence on the feasibility.
- We reserve the right to stop the collaboration any time if (for instance) we believe the feasibility of the idea is concluded.